Since a solo in early 2008 and a mini-show at the end of 2008, fans of Audrey Kawasaki (interviewed) in Los Angeles have had little to cheer about. Well, no solo as of yet but at the end of the month, the next best thing will be opening at Merry Karnowsky Gallery – a joint show with Femke Hiemstra and Deedee Cheriel. The LA-based painter known for her seductive imagery and soft touch will be presenting seven new paintings and four drawings when the doors open on July 30th.
Last week, we stopped by to chat with Audrey about her new show and to get a first look at some of the work she had worked long and hard on. We can assure you that you will not be disappointed with new work and the showstopper for us was the piece seen above, a revisitation of one of her most famous pieces – OctoGirls.
- pinklysmooth likes this
- burntttoastt reblogged this from hideandseekgallery and added:
- cinnabootie reblogged this from salikawood
- calvatronics reblogged this from hideandseekgallery
- rabidfemme likes this
- ile1a likes this
- bakedcats reblogged this from salikawood
- salikawood reblogged this from hideandseekgallery
- hideandseekgallery posted this